01 November 2015

Marimekko Seasonality Switch

The flat is undergoing what I call a winter cleaning.  I've been talking about it for quite some time, and  the fast pace life here in NYC often makes it difficult to keep adding tasks to one's plate -- it's just merely impossible to check everything off the list!

Now that the arrival of the Soft Line Lotus sofa in dark grey is in place in the living area, the cushions need an update.    With the cooler season these days my hammam textiles will have to remain in the private areas of the home.  Lotta Agaton styled the seasonality change in Marimekko and I figured I will just go with the classic Scandinavian textiles.  Besides, the flat is Scandinavian Modern after all with touches of rustic and vintage.  Marimekko would just be a no-brainer.  Here's a look at Lotta Agaton's styling (BTW, don't you just love it when stylists use their own home as a canvas?) …







Some textiles Lotta had chosen are the same ones I picked in the photos above, namely Rasymatto, Pienet Kivet, and Hattarakukka.  Also, my new Unikko duvet cover in dark green and navy blue would be perfect to unify all the spaces!

Source Nordic Design
Styling Lotta Agaton





No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Please share...