01 May 2016

Living Small in Stockholm

It astounds me how some other major cities offer even tinier apartments than those I have witnessed here in New York -- and believe me, I've seen all sorts of flats here, from a literal closet space to expansive but decaying lofts.

Fantastik Frank, a Stockholm and Berlin based real estate site, together with their most talented stylists have shown the smartest tiny homes.  Each time I snoop around it makes me re-think my own small space living…


Carefully chosen furniture pieces will truly dictate a smart space.  Think of foot traffic, and most of all think of scale.  Small furniture doesn't necessarily mean better.  Also, I love how the curtains are installed from corner to corner, ceiling to floor.  It unifies the divided space and adds the right amount of softness.


What a gorgeous way to separate the private and public area!  Internal windows still create the separation without the feeling of cutting up the space.  And I love the industrial touch of the dark metal.



The internal window does not make this tight bedroom feel claustrophobic.  It is still functional and most of all, cosy.


A tiny dining room does not mean you have to compromise style.  Add your favorite art -- I would probably even do a large scale photograph here.  Round tables also do the trick!



If you are fortunate enough to have a balcony, it doesn't matter if it's small.  Gateleg tables and folding chairs can still entertain a small group of friends.  Install hooks on the wall so you can stow the chairs away when not in use.




For more of these same treasures you may see them Small Space Wonder here, Living Small here, Weekend Inspiration here, and Small + Smart here.  The KRiSPINTERIOR Pinterest board is also overflowing with cool ideas!





2 comments:

  1. A lot of details and art to contemplate in such a small space. The lamps, both in the bedroom and dining area are like some art pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! I find in small flats one tends to have little furniture but a lot of art. It's a challenge to create an atmosphere especially in studio spaces. We can get creative with lighting.

      X, Kris

      Delete

So what do you think? Please share...