22 July 2013

The Scans know best!

My trip to Oslo a few years back made me realize not only that design is an integral part of Scandinavian living, but also that children are integrated in everything that the Scans do as well.  There is always a kids' corner everywhere, whether it's a department store, a cafe, or a restaurant.  And surprisingly, using white as a main colour, with accents of bold colours and patterned fabrics!  

I am inspired by the home of Daniella + Fredrik.  I came across their home once again on IKEA family live.  It has a clean black + white palette that I love, wood accents, concrete, vignettes of various objects, industrial work lamps, and great art.  They used IKEA pieces mixed in with old collections.  All in all, it has a sophisticated appeal, interjected with humour and overall warmth.




 

























IKEA family live



No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Please share...